Wednesday 7 July 2010

"the nuns told me it is good to share, but I want my own bathroom"

Today is a changing of the guests, as Neil, who was here with the Hyde Park concert, will leave, and Pepa from Barcelona will arrive. I started the b&b routine in mid-April of this year, and have been pretty much booked up. And one of my friends from Paris who was here in April started up in Paris to pay down her overdraft. I have been paying down mine, too. This is a large mansion flat, and when I was younger, I used to think that the pensioners in the block that complained about fixed incomes and rising service charges could have taken in lodgers. After all that is how everyone got started in London in the beginning, with flat sharing. So now that I am one, why not take in PGs? Coming through the doors have been: a candidate for Junior Entrepeneur of the Year, an actress who portrays Gitta Mallasz, an Australian designer for the Open, the LiveAction co-ordinator for the concert.

Now Pepa wants her own bathroom irrespective of what the nuns told her about sharing. And I am on her side. I couldn't do this until I completed a renovation that created a second bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment